Griffons of a Feather (Step 5)
Griffons of a Feather: Chapter 2: Investigation
- Your abilities as a fighter have been proven but how are you at subtlety?
- We have discovered that the plague affecting griffons is man made. I sent scouts on reconnaissance missions to investigate and to get some samples.
- They were directed to wait for the perpetrators of this heinous crime to appear. One got lucky but the message was partially destroyed stopping us from telling which scout sent it and what he saw. You must find out the fate of the scouts, get samples, and the lost information.
- Corpses searched 0/10
- Sensitive Information Recovered
- Griffon Blood Sample 0/20
- Retrieve 20 blood samples from the different roosts around Telon. Go to each of the last known scout locations, find out what happened to the scouts sent out to investigate, and retrieve any information on the people behind this plague.
- Permanent buff of +3% accuracy and +30 to any incoming heals.
- one of the following pauldrons:
There are 5 corpses in Thestra, you'll learn abilities from retrieving the corpses (Flame Buffet, Frost Lash, Blinding ray, Poison Burn, and Lightning Surge), they will be used later on.
- Corpses 1 & 4 are located near Dead Bog Riftway.
- Corpses 2 and 5 take the Northern border rift. The 2nd corpse is in the nest, and 5th corpse is about 10m from the it, slightly hidden because it's the same colour as the ground.
- Corpse 3 is at Beranid Hills
- Corpse 6 is at Strand of the Ancients
- Corpse 7 is at Stranglewater Shore
- Corpse 8 is at Nusibe Necropolis
- Corpse 9 is at Tehatamani Harbor
- Corpse 10 is at Sands of Sorrow
A NPC called UMBRAL SYNDICATE AGENT will appear at a nest, after you have gained all five spell abilities. After some discussions, he will teach you how to use your spells, the method is to cast the same spell as he does in order to counter it. The recognition is visual so effects must be on.
Hint: Any casting refresh buffs available must be used in this combat, in order to maximize chances of victory (Psi buffs and carvings for examples). There is a very high chance that he will cast the spells in a particular order: Flame, Blind, Poison, Frost, Lightning, Blind, Frost, Flame, Frost, Lightning, Poison, Blind
Visual effects are as following :
- Flame Buffet: fire is surrounding him
- Poison Burn: green bubbles are surrounding him
- Blinding Ray: he bends down
- Lightning Surge: looks like electricity in his hands
- Frost Lash: looks like ice shards forming.
The mission doesn't end with his death, you still need to collect the rest of the bloods and you've also lost the spells.