Each race in game has a preference for a certain expression type. Special race-only cards are earned in the tutorial and intro quests and are a starting diplomats most potent cards available. These include a 5 point Assertion card as well as supporting evaluations to fuel the racial specialty.
|Demand Races||Reason Races||Inspire Races||Flattery Races|
|Dwarf||High Elf||Thestran Human||Halfling|
|Wood Elf||Kojani Human||Dark Elf||Half Elf|
The choice of adventuring class also has an impact on the initial deck a diplomat starts out with. Like race, each class also has a preferred expression type, which determines which comments are learned by a new diplomat.
|Demand Classes||Reason Classes||Inspire Classes||Flattery Classes|
Diplomats all start with the basic Snippet of Wisdom comment. Additional starting comments are determined by a diplomat's class and racial Expression preferences. These determine which 1 Influence comment cards are earned when starting out.
Each race receives additonal Assertions based on their racial preference, including a strong 5 Influence Assertion card:
- Dark Elf: Elven Supremacy
- Dwarf: Dwarven Resolve
- Gnome: Gnomish Brainstorm
- Goblin: Goblin Gabble
- Halfling: Halfling Laughter
- High Elf: Elven Wisdom
- Half Elf: Elven Unity
- Kurashasa: Kurashasan Pride
- Kojani Human: Kojani Serenity
- Lesser Giant: Hurskovar Mettle
- Mordebi Human: Mordebi Candor
- Orc: Orcish Grunt
- Qaliathari Human: Qaliathari Charisma
- Raki: Raki Sweettalk
- Thestran Human: Thestran Leadership
- Varanjar: Varanjar Rally Cry
- Varanthari: Varanthari Stare
- Vulmane: Vulmane Howl
- Wood Elf: Elven Imperative
An additional 4 Influence Assertion is given based on racial expression preference:
Each expression category also receives a card that uses multiple expression types, based on their strongest parley type. These cards a earned towards the end of the introductory diplomacy quest line in each starting city.
Each race gets a specific rebuttal during the starter quest, with an option to choose a second.
- Dark Elf:
- High Elf:
- Half Elf:
- Kojani Human:
- Lesser Giant:
- Mordebi Human:
- Qaliathari Human:
- Thestran Human:
- Wood Elf: Disarming Rebuttal, plus a choice of Lay Blame, Greener Pastures, and Gut Feeling